In today’s applications, ambient operating temperatures present circuit protection challenges for many design engineers. High current thermal protective devices may not provide the desired degree of protection.
The JLE/JRE Series magnetic hydraulic circuit protector addresses this issue by providing circuit protection for high current applications with a consistent trip point over temperatures ranging from –40°C to +85°C. The JLE/JRE Series is actually a family of circuit protectors available in one to six-pole assemblies with a variety of configurations and terminal styles. The principal member of this family is the JLE, an F-frame “listed circuit breaker” which complies with conditions of UL-489.
Other members of the family include the JTE, for telecommunication applications and comply to UL-489A, and the JAE, a special construction version. In addition, the JAE is now in compliance with the standards used in Australia and New Zealand, AS 60947.2-2005 (equivalent to IEC 60947-2:2006+A1). The JAE/JRE/JLE series magnetic-hydraulic circuit protector provides circuit protection for high current applications. It provides a consistent trip point over temperatures ranging from –40°C to +85°C.
- Mid-trip handle available for visual identification of fault-tripped circuit breakers
- Optional internal low voltage shunt to meter current (single and multi-pole units are dimensionally equivalent in depth)
- Terminal options for design flexibility in various applications
- Multiple trip time delays for application flexibility
- Electrical and mechanical actuated auxiliary switch options for external monitoring of circuits
- Reduced voltage drop through the circuit breaker vs. other circuit protective devices