This is one of many intrinsically safe variations of the Sensata | BEI Sensors Model HS25 Series product line for use in hazardous locations of the marketplace.
The HS25 combines the rugged, heavy-duty features usually associated with shafted encoders into a hollow-shaft style. Its design includes dual bearings and seals for up to IP65 environmental ratings, a rugged metal housing, and a sealed cable gland. This low profile design, just 2” deep, is easily mounted on a through shaft. Securing the encoder to the shaft is simple with a collet-style single screw clamp.
A tether arm and tether block are available options to maintain housing stability during operation.
Applications: Motor feedback – variable frequency drives; paper converting and printing equipment – registration, cut-to-length, cartonizing; robotics – compact size saves space; elevators – traction control
Disclaimer: Photos and drawings shown are for illustration purposes only, actual product may vary.
- Accommodates shafts up to ¾” in diameter.
- Two available tethering styles provides installation flexibility
- Reducer bushings provide both electrical and thermal isolation
- Shaft seal and sealed bearing are standard features to provide IP rating
- Selected configurations available in 1 to 3 days shipment (“Express Encoder” option)